Hmmm
My little blog has become a world wide access…..no longer just Russia and China. Just shows how much of our world is easily pried into by nameless faceless bot systems.
Not sure why > 20 countries have hit in the past 48 hours. Is it the beginning of cyber attacks - I know they are coming. Hell they are already here. And the majority of this country is clueless.
When I left the intel world in 92 - I was glad to get away from that world. I’ve had 30+ years of peace.
And now the world falls apart. Not just our country with this vanity and greed, it is a world wide sickness propagated by the bot farms and algorithms that seek to control public opinion and destroy the ability to think critically. Hard to think critically when your attention span is that of a gnat. Doom scrolling, and just general scrolling in to the addiction that is social media. Lemmings ready to jump off a cliff.
Today I am in Indiana where my youngest and his wife live with their new baby. My oldest and his wife have joined us so the entire family is together. When we got to the VRBO which is near my son’s home, we were told that the WiFi didn’t work.
Frankly I don’t need WiFi, we are not TV watchers, we are a family of readers and writers, well except my youngest, they are of the scrolling generation, however with the baby, that too has passed. (There was a recent study that correlated the decline of birth rate worldwide to the increase in social media use).
I told the manager this and she was shocked commending me on my graciousness. Seriously…. When I leave here is it going to stay on my mind that I didn’t have WiFi access for 6 days?? So many other things to worry about or wonder about. I was more impressed with the bird population in the neighborhood.
Anyway I digress, I pulled up my blog today to finish writing one I started a while back about why I refuse to travel right now, and saw how many hits over the past few days appeared.
So I have one phrase for the bots - bite me. I’m off social media. I’d prefer to not have any electronic sensing equipment in my home, and I can do with out mainstream TV. I can do without bots as well.
Comments
Post a Comment